I suggest you ...

Don't load tabs until selected

Could you implement such a feature, like in Firefox.
I always have a lot of tabs opened, but when I open my browser I don't want Opera to start loading all of the at once.

You should give us these options:
1. Load all tabs as per normal. (as they currently do)
2. Load all tabs from cache only. (means you have to manually refresh a tab if you want updated content)
3. Load tab only when selected

It will make life with Opera a lot easier.

680 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MaxMax shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • F. Uck You OperandisF. Uck You Operandis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest you ...developers...just Fuck Off with this AUTOFUCKINGMATIC self-loading tabs issue!

I bet you just sit there and laugh BIG TIME of us suckers who use this shitty Web-reader you created after you sniffed a few stripes!

I even bet you don't use this shitty web-reader you're self, because of this problem, and use Madzilla Problemfox you too!

What is your problem???

Why don't you fix this issue???

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have been switching to Firefox because this "Delay loading of background tabs" feature IS NOT actually stop loading those tabs....

it just delay, after ACTIVE TAB finished loaded, it will load another tab, and another Tab , and another Tab again... so on .....this is bad

We want OPERA to JUST LOAD THE ACTIVE TAB.. like FIREFOX
        and load the other tab ONLY WHEN SELECTED

we will switch to Firefox until this feature implemented... too bad i like opera, but because of this , i have to switch to firefox.

• TonyTony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree !
        I like Opera and like many other users i open a lot of tabs..
        If you are studying or researching topics then it's more convenient to leave the tabs for the next session.. but Opera then takes forever to start (and sometimes just hangs!) because it's loading all of the tabs instead of just the active window..
        Come on.. get with it Opera and give us the browser that we want and need !

• Tom-TerabytemanTom-Terabyteman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to "delay" loading tabs is not the same as the previous feature which did not load the tab until the tab was selected. I do not want the tabs loaded until I select them. This "delay" loading is not what your web customers are seeing. I like old feature of "Only restore tabs when I need them" feature, which is available in FireFox and Sea Monkey(Mozilla engine).

Please return the "do not load tab" option with Tab management. The "Delay" loading is only added background processing we users do not want.

• Salar ZeynaliSalar Zeynali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Load tab only when selected"
        This is a really critical feature that Opera should have. I'm always having 100-150 tabs open and imagine how it gets when I reopen Opera. I guess implementing it is not too hard, and if it is, it deserves the work as it's a deal maker for most of us.

• Bilbo Baggins wantshisringbackpissedBilbo Baggins wantshisringbackpissed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Opera had the load only upon seletion option b4, wtf would you ever remove such an option... the entire point of tab browsing is to have easy access to your session without the complications of loading all tabs at once by activating or restoring a session itself. Pure idiocy as a software dev team to remove session saving options (which was one of Opera's main strengths in it's beginning) and also force us to loose / close everything every time we choose to close opera if would like opera to not suck up tons of memory the next time we start opera... this is backwards design and pure stupidity! Restore these features!! I'd say that Opera's life depends on it heavily... nobody want's to put up with this and it makes us loose faith in your company / product / project... Seriously!

• mohamedmohamed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

an please an option whene i open a new tab do't load it till i selected it .

like load tab on select in firefox

• RomanRoman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is setting in Opera Next “Delay loading of background tabs”, we need it in Opera Classic too!

• AnvAnv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

guys, I found it, enter this to your Opera address bar: opera://flags/#lazy-session-loading

• Ashok MAshok M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too expect the same.... Will be much more happy with opera, if this feature s implemented..

• Marko KraljevicMarko Kraljevic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 on the tabs not loading until selected; this is extremely important and it's become problematic - how, in the past, Opera *always* used to have some extra features (here and there) over other browsers - and now it's fallen behind in many areas; not good. :-\

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base